Friday, June 11, 2010

Posted by Banquo


The first thought i remember having: Am I dead? No, I thought to myself. If I had been dead, surely it would not be this uncomfortable, this tremendously painful. How I was able to follow even the faintest train of thought, I do not know. Certainly I was on the verge of death. With multiple stabs, and lacerations from those traitors' knives, who could possibly survive? The answer: no one. I am proof, I am dead.
Those few minutes before my death were the most agonizing moments of my life. My son, what will happen to Fleance? Will he become King someday? Or will he end up betrayed and murdered, like his father? I hope he is safe.
My supicions were correct! Macbeth is behind this. He is behind EVERYTHING!
But, who am I to criticize Macbeth for taking actions that resulted in the prophecy becoming reality? Have I not done the same? If I had confronted him from the beginning, if I hadn't let him take the throne, everything could have been avoided. But no, I myself was caught up in the Wicthes' prophecy. Believing that changing the path things were already on might result in Fleance never having a chance to rule. I was right however, the decisions I took are what led to my death. The propehcy for me also came to be true. I will never be a King....as I am already dead, but I shalt get Kings.
Both Macbeth and I brought this upon ourselves.
I have been ultimately betrayed. Betrayed by my comrade and King, Macbeth, Betrayed by the false hopes of the Witches' prophecy, Betrayed by my own decisions.
I have but one wish, the well being of my son, Fleance.

Yashashwinee Parmar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Banquo

Banquo
My photo
I am General to the King of Scotland's Army and also thane of Lochquhaber. I have one son named Fleance, I love him dearly.