Friday, June 11, 2010

Posted by Banquo


Macbeth has been crowned King. It is now believed that Malcom and Donalbain murdered their father. Such terrible thoughts! The newly appointed King seems to be convinced that they have done it. My views differ from his. I met with him earlier today, Lady Macbeth also, and was invited to tonights banquet.
Again I find my mind full of questions. If the King's sons had committed the murder, what reasons would they have? If for the crown, then why flee? ....And the Witches, their prophecy came to be true! Not a single person would have been able to even begin to think such thoughts. He has it all now, King, Cawdor, Glamis, everything, just as was promised by those weird women.
But I fear that the once loyal Macbeth has lended a helping hand to help his destiny. My suspicions may most likely be true, Macbeth may most likely have murdered Duncan! But for now I stay quiet. Now I realize the words of the Three Witches hold truth.
If their prophecy for Macbeth has been fulfilled, who is to say my prophecy will not come true as well? If i were to confront Macbeth right now, to prove his guilt, to kill him, the order of my destiny may also change. Curiosity wars with Reason. I should confront Macbeth! But thoughts of my son as King restrain me... At this moment I shall do nothing, time will tell what is to come.

Yashashwinee Parmar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Banquo

Banquo
My photo
I am General to the King of Scotland's Army and also thane of Lochquhaber. I have one son named Fleance, I love him dearly.